Saturday, December 25, 2010

An Important Lesson Learned

In the past two blog posts created on this site, I have noted the fact that everything had been taken away. My wife and I are both out of work, we have endured numerous hardships regarding our extended families, things are just hard. My pull quote from the first of these was "I will trust you, Lord, because I have nothing left."
I WAS WRONG.
I had something left.
Spike TV used to air a show called MXC (Most eXtreme Challenge), a transplant from Japan with phony American interpretation. It was basically a Japanese game show much like ABC's Wipeout!. One of the challenges the contestants would have to deal with would be climbing a hill when humongous boulders would come down at them. As I look up the hill, I have seen one of those huge boulders come hurling at me.
It appears I may lose my funding to attend my last semester of school. I received this news late Thursday, and there will be no one to talk to regarding the matter until after the new year, three days before the final semester starts.
I trust God. I really do. I do not understand His plans. In the heat of the battle, I know I am not meant to understand the plan. I also know that trusting is hard when it seems EVERYTHING is working against you.God has immensely blessed me and my family. We have seen blessing upon blessing in our current position. Yet this boulder hurling at me has caused me to look back down where I came from, instead of looking up for my help. My situation has blocked the view of my hope.
Here is the current verse I am leaning on, Ephesians 6:13: "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." I have found a little alcove to hide away from the boulder for now. All I can do is stand.
It is a helpless feeling. If you want to know what you can do for me or my family, please pray. Pray for us to have strength, wisdom, discernment, and direction. Pray that I can stand, armor on, ready for this battle.

No comments: