Friday, December 10, 2010

A Brief Hello From the Valley

How things have changed around here since blog post #49.
My mother-in-law has been in the hospital with what is believed to be bacterial meningitis. As I write this she is on her way to a rehab facility.
My wife is now out of work. If you're keeping score, I've been out of work since April. This makes for a bad situation.
Two verses have been drifting around in my head in this past week. In the order they have been drifting, they are:
"He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust" (Matt. 5:45b). The other one is: "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (1 Cor. 10:13).
So God has been telling me that what is happening to us could happen to anyone, and that He must think a lot of us to give us this test.  My opinion is that He thinks more of me than I do.
What has happened is tough. He is calling us into a place of complete trust. I apparently didn't get that in April. I get that now. I trust you , Lord, because I HAVE NOTHING ELSE.
There is more to the story, folks. And I will share that with you in my next post, which will come in the next couple of days. God is already showing Himself faithful, and he is using complete strangers to do it. The excitement is starting to build...get ready.

No comments: