Monday, August 9, 2010

Get out there and...

I will not deny it. There is a big part of me that thought that when I was let go from my job in April, I would have had another job by now. I guess that a lot of people that are in the same situation have thought the same thing. What made me different from anyone else? I had experience, I had a record of job stability.
Yet here I sit. I am looking at the usual sites, seeing the latest job to apply for, making sure I am qualified, and applying. I wait one more week for my final year of college to start. I am really BORED. I haven't missed many episodes (and reruns) of The Price is Right and Let's Make a Deal. I also haven't missed many episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba, Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso..., you get the picture.
Being Mr. Mom is great. I will not deny it. I an getting time with my kids that I would not have otherwise had. I love it. We have a routine, and we have fun. But I'm bored. I check the papers, there is nothing in them. Most everything gets posted online now.
I think, in the meantime, I will check for some ways to volunteer my services to help someone. I'm not losing any weight sitting on the couch. In fact, I think I'm wearing in a little groove. It's not healthy, and it's a waste of my abilities. Plus, I've seen everything, and don't want to see anything else.
Who wants me?

(Consider this a keeping up appearances blog. There will be more substance next time.)

No comments: