Saturday, April 11, 2009

From my MySpace blogs...#2

Originally Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008

Current mood: contemplative
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." - Proverbs 29:18

I guess you could call me a dreamer. But don't worry, I'm not going to break into song. I'm just reflecting here on a Sunday night, thinking about all the things God has been showing to me. No, I wouldn't call them visions, and no, they haven't all been about things in the Word. They were different things about my life. My life can not be at a standstill.

But Jonathan, what about the verse in Philippians that tells you to be content? You know, my son Levi can spot a brand name from a mile away, and tells us what make a car is simply by looking at it. But you know, if we do not let him learn any more, this young genius will be wasted!

It's the same way with Levi's dad-no, I'm not saying I'm a genius. But if I do not experience any growth, I will deteriorate. Pastor Scott said at Wednesday night service two weeks ago that backsliding is standing still, and not growing. I find that quite true.

That's why I spent part of tonight attempting to fill out a college application. My break has to end at 13 years. On top of that- and I haven't even told Sheyna much about this- I keep getting ideas, different aspects, about starting a Christian retail store of my own.

Folks, I don't know much about what's going on, but I know this: I want to be able, willing, and ready for ANYTHING God has in store. My prayer to Him is that I receive all that He is showing me, and my request for all of you is that you remember me.

No comments: