Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Statements of belief

I would like to start this by first apologizing to the guys of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour: I am not trying to steal your bit. That said, I thought I would take a half-serious yet half-jovial attempt to allow you readers to know a little of who I am. You know, the chance to know what I truly believe.
  • I believe the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and that the God of the Bible is the one true God.
  • I believe that God sent His son into the world to save the world from sin.
  • I believe that often Christians are the greatest obstacle that keeps people from Christ because they often speak in ignorance.
  • I believe the PC crowd does not know any of the names of holidays that take place from November 1- December 26.
  • I believe that just because you don't call a holiday by its actual name that it is diminished in any way.
  • I believe the designated hitter has done very little to strengthen the American League.
  • I believe the South was justified in seceding from the Union in 1860 & 1861. However, I believe their position on slavery was based in misinterpretation of scripture and ignorance.
  • I believe that improper use of apostrophe's is becoming an epidemic, and grammar teacher's are doing little to curb it.
  • I believe that if you cannot drive more than 10 m.p.h. under the speed limit (especially at night) YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING!
  • I believe that NASCAR will be watchable again now that someone other than Jimmie Johnson will win the championship.
  • I believe that the things that I have agreed with President Obama on can be counted on one hand without using all the fingers. That said, he is our president, and deserves our prayers.
  • I believe Southern Gospel Music has been forever marred in quality and style due to a raging infection of Crabbs.
  • I believe the MAC has some of the best football in all of college football, partly due to the lack of great defense.
  • I believe that, win totals aside, Dean Smith is the best coach ever in college basketball.
  • I believe the NBA does not deserve another chance on my part.
  • I believe that Psych is the most underrated show on TV, and that the Mentalist is a direct ripoff of it.
  • I believe that as much as they try to get soccer to catch on in the US, it won't.
  • I believe that if people stopped caring what other people thought about them and just did what they were supposed to, we would have a lot less trouble.
  • I believe I do not get enough sleep.
  • I believe that no matter what cable news network I watch, I get mad.
  • I believe I can't think of any more of these right now.
I have had fun doing a short list of these, and I might do more sometime. Until I go again...

No comments: