Monday, June 14, 2010

You CAN make this stuff up

Tonight a wonderful thing happened. Truly wonderful. I realized today that I am truly blessed. For some reason, while I was realizing this tonight, a conversation popped up in my head that I imagine would have happened between God and me, had I been listening at first. These things are always scary and borderline blasphemous. I promise I will keep it on the up & up.
"Hey God?"
"Yes?"
"Look. I know that you have blessed me to receive a brand new lawn mower..."
"Well, the giver was blessed, and he passed a blessing on to you."
"I would really like to mow the lawn today, too."
"I know. You need to, I've seen it. Some of that grass is taller than your children."
"Yeah..."
"Go ahead. You can ask me."

"Lord, why is it raining?!? I can't mow in the rain!"
"I know you want to get out there. I really want you to. How about if I knock down the dust, and take the temperature down 15 degrees?"
"Oh! That's what the rain is for! OK- that's fabulous. High 70s is better than low 90s when mowing."
"I know."
"Well, thank you again! I'll get as much done as I can."
"You're welcome."
"You know, you're better to me than I realize sometimes."
"I know. That's what I do. How about a little breeze, too?"
"Wow. Thank you."
"Anytime. I mean it. Anytime. You want to talk to me, I'm here."
"I should really talk to you more."
"I know."

No comments: