Friday, June 11, 2010

Maybe I'm a little punchy

It happens anytime I read. I get so sleepy! I can not explain it, it is a phenomenon. I was reading the Bible tonight, in the book of Mark, and I just started cracking up! I'm talking cackling, looking at Cake Wrecks laughing! So what was I reading?
"32 They brought to Him a deaf man who also had a speech difficulty, and begged Jesus to lay His hand on him. 33 So He took him away from the crowd privately. After putting His fingers in the man's ears and spitting, He touched his tongue. 34 Then, looking up to heaven, He sighed deeply and said to him, "Ephphatha!" (that is, "Be opened!"). 35 Immediately his ears were opened, his speech difficulty was removed, and he began to speak clearly." -from Mark 7, HCSB
I just got the mental picture of Jesus sticking His fingers in this guy's ears and spitting. It didn't say where He spat, but He spat. It didn't even say why He spat, because all He really had to do was say the word. It doesn't say why He touched the man;s tongue. What a picture! What a riot!
It just serves as a reminder to me that God does not always work in the way that we would expect. He may have a whole new way to do it. As it says, His thoughts are not our thoughts, His ways are not our ways. The answer may come in an unusual fashion, but wait- the answer will come. If He needs to stick His fingers in your ears and touch your tongue, be willing to say aaahh.

No comments: