Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Week In Review

Now that I am no longer employed officially, I stand in retrospect. I am reading and following along with a pastor from Charlotte online. While following along (and straying slightly), the Lord revealed this verse to me in my NLT Study Bible. It is 2 Samuel 14:14: "All of us must die eventually. Our lives are like water spilled out on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him."
In other words, God, you have my attention. You have had it for several weeks now. Psalm 3:3 says that you are a shield around me, and that you are my glory. and you lift up my head. I lay down my pride. I do not want to do or be apart from you. I let it all go, and I am humbled in your presence. I realized this humility yesterday, and I will walk humble before you. What you have in store for me, I am ready to experience it.
I know you are my provision, Lord. I trust you in the name of Jesus.

No comments: