Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 in review: How did I end up here?

I've been taking a few moments to look over the Wide Scope blog entries over the past year, taking the time to reflect and review the past year. What did I find has happened over the past year?
As usual, a lot.
Does this year in review blog have the potential to be as good as last year's year in review? Hardly. I don't have a song prepared off of Youtube. But keep reading- I did learn something.
I learned in January that even if I wanted to blog every week it is nearly impossible to do it. I also got acclimated with my new job after being laid off since April. I ended up with the same number of posts in 2011 as 2010. In February I learned that sacrifice is hard but sometimes necessary, and that if done in obedience God will reward it. March was a lesson in embracing my place, wherever it is, no matter what changes come.
April saw me turn 34 with the usual bit of reflection that I like to do and saw the first reports that apparently the world was going to end in May. Strangely, we are still here. May was admittedly a hard month, as the realization came that changes that would soon have to be made. It was also a month more than any this year I dealt with depression.
That's kind of sad- I think we do need a song break, after all:

June was a blur, and I only blogged a paragraph. July saw us move to the mountains. August saw us settle in to the new routine, my son start Kindergarten, and I started my new position at work.
September saw me revisiting several things; old topics, old sermon topics from church, and my old high school. My blog from that visit, "Can You Go Home Again? I Did," dated October 1, was the most popular post of the year. November saw my son turn 6, my daughter turn 2, and my family was truly thankful.
There was the sickness of my daughter in December, which I am proud to say she is herself again, thank God. I dealt with a toothache for most of the last of the year, which I can say God touched and healed. Some of the pain has returned with the bitter cold wind of this mountain life.
I learned to stand up for the word barbecue. I learned that church signs can be funny, and decided to share that with each of you. I learned there isn't a lot on TV on Wednesday night.
Mostly, I learned that the best is yet to come. 2012 brings still more uncertainty and the feeling that there is something more out there. What that is, and when I discover it, anyone that reads this blog will be the first to know. I promise to keep posting. Stay with me, will you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great review of your year and yes, I will stick with you..You and your family are very special to me and always will be so it is important to keep up with what is going on with you. I don't always blog however I am still here! I wish for you and your family many, many blessings in the New Year. God bless you, Stephanie