Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Give me faith

I really had promised myself that I would blog every week this year.
Yeah- that didn't go so well.
I will say that one of my best-laid plans has gone better than expected. I promised myself that I would read more, and so far, I'm keeping that up. What's most impressive is what I'm reading.
Yeah- I'm reading my Bible more!
Now don't get that thought in your head- I'm not bragging by sharing this. All I am saying with this is that I have made a commitment, and I am sticking to it. The weird thing about it is the the way I decided to approach this.
I had told myself that I would be reading more. Period. This included a variety of items. So I started with Pastor Steven Furtick's Sun Stand Still. I got to a chapter, and I read the words "Saturate your faith with the Word of God." I was convicted. I appreciate all I had learned up to that point in the book. But when I got to that point, I felt I needed to stop reading about faith, I needed to start reading and increase my faith.
Since then, I read the New Testament from Hebrews to Revelation. My new job started on January 17th, and at the end of week three, I was discouraged and ready to give up. In the two days of that weekend, two separate people talked to me about Joseph. So I studied Joseph in Genesis. What I saw was faithfulness and the favor of God shining down on someone in an unfavorable situation.Now I have moved on to Moses.
I have learned so much about faith. Most importantly, I have begun a new habit that I intend to continue. I am growing closer to my Best Friend. All this because of an unintended lesson learned from another book. Pastor Steven, I hope you don't mind.
Until next time, which I hope is in less than a month...

No comments: