Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Surviving - What My Day Looks Like

This is something I posted in a community in my workplace that I have found, taken over, and am growing. The name of the community is Working With Anxiety and Depression, and we are helping people to know that they are not alone:
So This is a calendar that my wife bought me on Valentine's clearance. It's a huge notepad, broken into weeks. It works great as an organizer for my day and my thoughts. I get to write down my break and lunch schedule and time for any projects, and I also include my daily side tasks:
  • Daily reading from Psalms or Proverbs and reading the New Testament through in the year
  • Posting the verse of the day on the Lowe's Christian Community from VerseOfTheDay.com
  • Posting a blog post in this community, Working With Anxiety and Depression
And that fourth one is the most important:
Survive.
If I could list my myriad problems here, you would be like "Oh, brother. We're done."
But let's just say this. That last one is the most difficult one for me to get through this day. As I near 40 in about two weeks, I think about my routine more. I take more prescriptions than before. I think about why I don't read books like I used to, make videos like I used to, how many unfinished tasks I have, good grief, when is the next call from one of our stores going to come in, are they going to about the same item that every one else is, are they going to ask for an item without having sold it yet, are they going to say they're calling from one of our stores, which is obvious, and absolutely drive me nuts, what are my kids doing, is my wife happy with me, how is my dad, is anyone else getting laid off in the name of evolving...
Yeah, I think about all that.
That's why surviving is the hardest part of the day. That's why this is so hard to write.
I'm trying to hang in there. Hang in with me.

No comments: