Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Statements of belief, part 2

First, I apologize for the two month hiatus. I have had to have a mental break, and to be honest, have worked a lot of overtime at night. I'm mentally very tired, and the inspiration has not been there. I will endeavor to be back, and try to make it weekly if I can help it.
Second, I would like to apologize once again to those legendary "Blue Collar" comics, because I am once again stealing their shtick.
I believe that people that drive pickup trucks with a camper on them have given up on ever going the speed limit again.
In that same vein, I believe that the people that do not drive pickups with campers drive the largest vehicles that can be purchased.
I also believe that Ford's decision to stop making the Crown Victoria and the Mercury Grand Marquis equals age discrimination.
I believe that Walmart puts "Enter" and "Exit" above their doors for a reason. If you do not go in or out the right door, I will get in your way.
I believe that smugness is a quality that should be abhorred by every person, and that the smug should be smacked.
I believe chocolate should be in integral part of the food pyramid, or one of the food groups. (Do they still have the food groups, by the way?)
I believe Liam Neeson is an incredibly good actor. If you don't believe that, he will find you, and he will kill you.
I believe that if you take a car to get repaired for the third time for the same issue they should give you a new one. They do that for appliances if it's under warranty.
I believe that voting against a person is never the way to vote. If a person must be defeated, then there must be something about his opponent that should be supported. Otherwise, there is no foundation for voting.
I believe Ron Paul supporters should give it up and look at the bigger picture.
I believe Burger King has a true identity crisis.
I believe that Hollywood still has no original ideas. They're remaking Total Recall, for crying out loud.
Conversely, I believe Dallas is can't miss TV.
That's because I don't believe it is a remake because many of the characters are reprising roles. It's a re-launch.
I believe that superhero movies continue to improve.
I believe that Tim Burton has some secret footage of Johnny Depp, and that's why he keeps making his movies.
I believe that's enough for now. I'm going to watch the end of Batman Begins on FX.

No comments: