Thursday, February 16, 2012

Support a Good Good Cause Cause

Last year I chronicled the great experience I had going to "Loving Lenoir" and joining other Hibriten High School Band alumni at the homecoming game. It was my most viewed blog ever, and you can take a look back with me by clicking here. 
At the end of that article I mentioned how the HHS Band now receives no funding, and depends primarily on charitable contributions and fundraising efforts. Here is one of those efforts, and it is delicious.
The band is raising funds to purchase a sousaphone. These are not inexpensive by any means. A refurbished sousaphone costs $4500. I can attest to the need because the instruments currently at the school are the same ones there when I was a student.  They were old then, and I graduated seventeen years ago.
So how can you help?
Go to pizzakit.com. The Hibriten Band is selling Little Caesars Pizza Kits (say it with me- Pizza Pizza). Unlike the fundraisers of my day, you can purchase online! How amazing!
Once on the site, go to "Order Online." You can choose pizza kits, cookie dough (yum), and/or pie kits. Once you add an item to your cart, it will ask you to create an account. After doing that, you can continue to checkout, or continue shopping (strongly encouraged). In the checkout screen, it will ask you for a fundraiser ID. Enter 240322 to support the Hibriten Band. After checking out, sit back and wait for your pizza to arrive, bake, and enjoy! Even more than enjoying the food, you get the enjoyment that you are supporting a most worthy cause.

Also- wouldn't it be nice to put this over the top? To give them more than the needed funds to apply to other things?
Don't wait- the fundraiser ends March 2. Pizza Pizza!

No comments: