Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not so much panic stricken

I feel for those in Texas affected by Hurricane Ike. Many of them lost their homes, everything of value. For many, it will take years to get back to some semblance of "normal."
Then, there are the folks around here affected by Ike. Thank God, no one has lost their homes here, but we are affected in another way.
We are running out of gas.
The refineries are slowly coming back online, and we will have normal supply by end of this week-first of next week. The important thing is not to panic, give them time, and we will not run out of gas everywhere.
That last sentence is a basis for capitalist economics. That sentence was not uttered enough here in western NC today. Everybody has panicked, running most of the stations in Hickory and the surrounding area out of gas! Folks, you think you are doing a smart thing- YOU ARE MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE!
I am not panicked. God did not give me a spirit of fear. He gave me a spirit of power, love, and sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)! I may not find gas for a few days. God will take care of me. And the waythe political system is headed, soon the government will, although I don't want them to.
Lighten up people. IT WILL BE ALL RIGHT.

No comments: